EPIC RALLY: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is the Small Print that matters so please read it …!
Epic Rally is not a competitive event
- Epic Rally event participants must not enter into the competition (i.e race or time trial) with other rally participants or other road users and must drive with appropriate care and attention for the safety of themselves and other road users at all times, with consideration for local regulations, road conditions and weather. Any participants who do not comply with these requirements will be subject to immediate removal from the event, without a refund.
- All participants (drivers and passengers) must be a minimum of 18 years old
Event Entry Fees
- To book a place on an Epic Rally event, a confirmed deposit will need to be paid by the invoiced dates agreed and full payment balance paid no later than 90 days prior to the start date of the event. If a reservation is made within the 90-day deadline then full payment will be required at the time of the booking. Please note that deposits and entry fees are non-refundable unless specific cancellation criteria apply (please see Cancellations below)
- Entry fees will include quality hotel accommodation (usually in a twin or double room), breakfast, overnight parking, ferry and/or Euro Tunnel crossings, and a driver information pack. Please note that if pre-arranged ferry/tunnel crossings are missed it will be the responsibility of the participant to pay any extra charges incurred.
- Entry fees unless specifically stated will not include fuel, tolls, lunch/evening meals, drink, fines, and other personal expenses. All personal expenses are the responsibility of the participant and any unpaid charges will be invoiced by Epic Rally, with payment due within seven days.
- Epic Rally event organisers reserve the right to change or cancel part, or all, of the planned event at any time and under any circumstances.
- Epic Rally will make financial commitments based on receipt of deposits and full event payments that are usually non-refundable. Therefore, if participants for any reason cancel the booking prior to the event, the following charges apply:
- Cancellation before 90-day deadline to event start: 50% of full event costs payable
- Cancellation after 90 days deadline to event start: 100% of full event costs payable
- Participants that have paid a deposit but have failed to pay the full entry fee by a deadline of 70 days prior to the event start will be deemed to have cancelled their entry without refund. Once the event has started, if participants decide that they cannot continue for any reason, the event organisers will not provide refunds or compensation as 100% of full events costs still apply.
- Epic Rally organisers regret that they cannot accept liability for cancellation of an event due to circumstances out of their control or that could not have been reasonably foreseen or avoided i.e. Force Majeure.
- If Epic Rally organisers are forced to significantly change or cancel an event for reasons other than Force Majeure (i.e. change or cancellation is reasonably within the event organisers control) they will seek to offer a suitable alternate event or provide full refund of payments made by participants up to the point of cancellation.
Codes of Conduct
- Event participants are expected to conduct themselves sensibly and responsibly at all times. If the event organisers become aware of illegal, antisocial or inappropriate behaviour at any time during the event, or there is evidence that participants are driving under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances, Epic Rally reserve the right to terminate participation, without refund. The right to terminate participation without refund by the event organiser also includes any irresponsible, reckless and dangerous driving that either causes, or has the potential to cause, a road traffic accident. Please note that Epic Rally will not be liable for any extra costs incurred by the participant if event participation has to be terminated.
- All event participants will be aware and adhere to the local laws and regulations applicable to the regions and countries they travel in. This includes speed limits, visas, road taxes, noise / environmental regulations and full compliance with any local requirements to carry road safety items and equipment. It is the responsibility of the event participants to understand and fully comply with all local or regional laws and regulations.
- Please note that by agreeing to these Terms the participant indemnifies Epic Rally from any third party claims associated with a breach of the Code of Conduct by the participant
Insurance / Licences Etc.
- Event participants are fully responsible to ensure they have a valid driving licence, a valid passport and / or required visas and are fully insured to travel in any of the countries included in the event itinerary. This includes, but is not limited to, a minimum of third party vehicle insurance, valid vehicle MOT certificate, road tax, medical insurance and any required personal liability insurance.
- Event participants are also responsible to inform their insurers that they are participating in a road trip / travel event to ensure that insurance cover will be effective and liability will be covered, should an incident occur.
- Regardless of any pre event checks carried out by the event organisers at registration the responsibility for full compliance with all licence and insurance requirements remains with the event participant.
Image Rights and Branding
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, all participants consent to be videoed and photographed during the event including use of their name, image, voice and biographical material for inclusion in any footage and publicity campaigns, brand advertising, or in other related promotional material.
- Event participants also agree to only take photographs and video footage for personal use and for non-commercial purposes
- By agreement with event organisers, participants consent to place Epic Rally and / or sponsor stickers on their vehicles. All stickers are non-permanent and easily removed leaving no residual damage to the vehicle. Please note that event organisers are not liable for claims of damage caused during the application or removal of event related stickers.
- Event participants agree to indemnify event organisers, officers, directors, employees, agents and sponsors of any and all claims, liabilities, lawsuits, and actions brought against them by any third party as a result of participation and / or violation of any laws and regulations during the event.
- Event participants also agree to indemnify event organisers in the event of a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions and participation in the event are governed by English law and therefore subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Compliance with Terms and Conditions
- The event participant will comply with all the Epic Rally Terms and Conditions of entry.
- At the point of booking a tour and paying either a deposit or full balance payment it is deemed that the participant has read and understood the Terms and Conditions and agrees to be bound by them in their entirety.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are not clearly understood, the prospective participants must contact the event organisers for clarification before the booking is made.
- The participant acknowledges and understands that the event organisers will use reasonable effort to ensure that all participants abide by the Terms and Conditions of entry, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- By agreement with these Terms and Conditions, the event participant agrees not to organise, invest or fund a similar driving event which attempts to replicate the unique features, activities and components or benefit from the organisers branding and goodwill.
- Participants who ignore or violate any of these Terms and Conditions or refuse to follow reasonable instructions given by the event organisers prior to, or during, the event, may have their further participation in the event terminated, without refund.
Release and Waiver
- The participant agrees that by completing the entry form and making an event booking they are accepting the Terms and Conditions and this Release and Waiver clause.
- The participant accepts they are completing a legally binding agreement to participate in the event in full compliance with these quoted Terms and Conditions